Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weird crap that happened to me

Had some things happen to me recently that hadn't really happened before so why not share them with all my loyal viewers. All two of you. (Hi Mom!!) Anyway, here it is.

Last week I was eating in the cafeteria at one of the hospitals and because it is not an exclusive dining establishment there were other people there. I was eating with my co-worker and we were talking about different crap. In the midst of our conversation, and nice angry old man next to us said these friendly words to us:

Could you just be quiet! I have the right to eat in peace in quiet, so just be quiet!

He then added a nice Napoleon Dynamite "Gosh!!" to himself. I was so astonished I did nothing. I thought maybe he was kidding at first, but he was not. He was angry two people were talking within earshot of him and his jello. He looked like maybe he helped fight for our rights in the civil war, so I left him alone. Sometime you just let old people be old and let them be. I just don't know why he wanted it to be quiet in a public place.

Secondly, I was dive bombed by two birds today. I was cutting the grass this morning and there is always my buddy Larry following me. Whenever I cut the grass the same bird follows me and gets all the insects I scare up. I think it is the same bird and I think it is pretty smart and fundamental so I called him Larry the bird. Anyway, today there was a dragonfly orgy in my backyard and there were many extra birds moving in on Larry's turf. While I was wandering back and forth some of the newbies were coming within several inches of my head. I actually had to duck once. To me it was a toss up as to what was weirder, the dive bombing birds or the insect party. You make the call.

I am sleepy, good night loyal public.

Here is a video we found of Coopie's first steps. Weep at its touching brillance



2 comments:

Mollie said...

Fabulous video! "gosh".. I have none of mine learning to walk!......

Michelle said...

Hmmm, I would say that the gentleman telling you to pipe down was the stranger and more hilarious of events. Kudos to you for your calm response. Were you being obnoxiously loud or possibly your topic matter was offensive to the diner? Were you talking about what oddities you found in your work that day perhaps? I know that Mike has enjoyed hearing about and seeing your findings....ha! "Gosh"

Adorable video of Cooper :-)