Saturday, July 5, 2008

New take on a stolen idea

I listen to my Ipod a lot, mostly in my car. Most of the time I have it on shuffle and let the machine be my DJ. I am convinced it has feelings because sometimes it seems like the ipod likes Prince, or Beatles or something else because it will pop up more ofter than not.

The other day about 4 great pop songs in a row came on and it got me thinking of my favorite songs, pop only. i narrowed it down and then decided to focus on bands Iliked that were lesser known. Here is the list:


10. Mute Math - Typical

This to me is a great song, a rock-pop song I would guess. The video is completely backward so that is cool too.




9. Motion City Soundtrack - Everything Is Alright

This is my near the end of the run song. Try to listen to this song and not go faster.



8. Hot IQ's - Firecracker

This song is one that gets in my head and doesn't really get old. The girl drummer is hot too so that helps. She is probably ten times better than Meg White too.



7. This song has a catchy rhythm that I love.



6. Eisley - Marvelous Things

They kind of got a creepy children of the corn thing going on but this song was in my head for months.



The Top 5

5. Teagan and Sara - the con

To me this is the perfect song structure. Build to a big harmonizing chorus that is really catchy. What do you think? And yes they are twins.



4. The New Pornographers - The Laws Have Changed

This a a great band with a bad name. It is a Canadian supergroup (oxymoron??) and this song is a great man-woman combo song. Enjoy.



3. Sleater Kinney - Get Up

All girl rock band - check. Catchy chorus - check. Weird falseto-y lead singer - check. Lesbian undertones - check. Horrible video - check.






2. Rilo Kiley - Portion for Foxes

I've previously stated my love for all things Rilo and this is one of their best songs. Almost a perfect song.


1. Foo Fighters - Everlong

To me this is my favorite pure perfect song. This falls out of the criteria I put forth earlier since they are a huge band but this is what I use to judge all other songs so tough turds, I change the rules.





Now discus and correct as needed.

Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw Mute Math live and they were pretty good. Eisely I have heard of and I saw Motion City Soundtrack...great first album!!