I'm off to have a 9lb baby
Well, no bad news is good news in this case. Actually he is doing better all the time. To tell you the truth I am not sure what happened and why but little ryan is not transitioning well to being out of mommy's tummy. He had a very fast, kinda rough birth that supposedly stressed out the chunker. (By the way I have been affectionately calling him Pudge and it is not because he looks like Ivan Rodriguez). His blood sugar and breathing have been messed up since birth and it is taking him awhile to recover. The low sugar makes him lethargic and the breathing means feeding was a problem. But today she has been breastfeeding and to me he looks 1000 times better. He looked so uncomfortable yesterday and today they switched his IV to his umbilical cord and that has been a big difference. We were/are understandably freaked out but they keep telling us that he will be fine with no long-lasting effects. He looks way better to me and they say he should leave soon. Here are some pictures. Try not to be to focus on the tubes and wires but on the immense girth.
It is frustrating because we don't really why this is happening, so how do you stop it, but we are trying to stay strong. It was great to hold him and rock him today. I guess this whole thing is really surreal until he gets home. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We will update as we can.
Jason

3 comments:
Ryan is beautiful and so big! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Just stay strong and you guys will all be home fighting over Guitar Hero soon enough :-)
He is so cute!! Kudos for the Ivan comment! Ryan will be fine but I can imagine your concern! I can't wait to see him!! I am sending you good vibes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Thinking of you guys and ALL your sweetie pies! Can't wait to meet the new addition!
Post a Comment